I love to make this for the kids as well as for us. It’s packed with good fat from the broth and a classic taste of carrot and potato when they are bound together.
What you need to have :
- Potatoes, peel and chop
- Carrots, peel and chop
- Chicken broth
- Parsley and green onion
- Onion ring, chop
- Garlic, chop
- Salt and pepper
- I’d like to steam the carrots and potatoes first, so i don’t have to cook them in a long time for the soup and lose much of the nutrients. So i steam them for 20-30 minutes.
- Put butter on the pan, saute the garlic and onion ring
- Add the carrots and potatoes
- Add 1 tbs of flour and stir them well
- Put in the broth (1/2 way), stir them first, then put the rest 1/2 broth
- The texture will be creamy, you can add water if you find it too creamy or the broth doesn’t cover everything enough
- Add some seasoning and parsley and onion ring. Cook for a while.
It’s everyone’s favorite especially when the weather gets cold or rainy. It also suits for the baby or children’s daily meal. Easy peasy yet very good for them too.