Savoiardi basically only needs 3 ingredients and very easy to do. With a crunch and light texture, it’s really a very tasty bites for all the family especially for the kids.
- 4 eggs (separate the white and yolk)
- 80 gr sugar
- 120 gr gluten free flour
- Prep the baking sheets, i use a shot glass and make a mark with a pen. I’ll then put the dough at the back of the paper (so the pen wont stain the cookie)
- Mixer the white eggs with 60 gr of sugar until firm peak stage
- Mixer the yolk and 20 gr sufar until ribbon stage
- Take the white eggs dough to the yolk dough and stir them together
- Put the flour (sifter) and stir them thoroughly
- Put the dough on a pipping bag and shape them as you like
- Bake with 190C for 10 minutes and continue with 120-150 C for 15-20 minutes until it’s crunch
Ladyfingers (sometimes known by their Italian name savoiardi, sponge fingers in British English or as Boudoir in French) are low density, dry, egg based, sweet sponge biscuits. You can shape then like fingers or round etc.
Savoiardi could be enjoyed with so many ways and times. It also liked to be given to babies and infant as baby biscuits for its density and sponge texture which easier for babies to eat.