Well i made this recipe for the kids and they love it! I usually didn’t make the tofu my self but i thought hey why not try making it myself as it will surely be healthier and better for the kids right. Homemade Tofu for sure won’t have any preservatives, coloring and artificials in it.
- Put in a bowl 170 ml homemade bought or made soy milk / almond milk / oatmilk, any plant or nut milk you can find
- Then poach 2 whole eggs
- Stir them together, add some seasoning (salt and pepper), pinch of sesame oil
- Filter it to another bowl, so the texture will be smoother when it’s cooked. Best is to use silicone bowl as it will make it smoother than using stainless / glass bowl.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes.
- It’s exactly the same as making Cawanmushi, the only difference is with Cawanmushi, we want to use chicken broth instead of milk.
- 1 cup of minced meat (it could be chicken, pork or beef)
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup of gluten free quick cook / rolled oat
- Green onion
- Sesame oil
- Seasoning (salt & pepper)
Mix everything well, form to round meatballs and freeze it, don’t stacking it as the dough will be a little bit moist and we don’t want then to be sticked one another. After it’s frozen, we can stack and move them to a container.
For the soup, i like to switch taste between chicken / beef broth and garlic broth. For this recipe i only used garlic as the base soup. So simple and easy.
Saute the sliced garlic with olive oil until it’s brown, add some water as needed, put it the tofu and meatballs. Add some seasoning and green onion, cook until its done and it’s done.