What i love about baking a cake is that when it’s between meal time and i got hungry, i could just grab this delicious brownie one or two pieces. What i don’t like about it though, is that how fast this run out in the house since all the family just love it lol. This brownie is not like any other brownie because it has 2 layers to it, the base of this brownie is actually the cookie layer (and yes i’s a cookie dough), the upper layer the is the brownie layer.
Flour. I use my Einkorn Flour from Young Living. But you could use any gluten free flour or all purpose flour. Be in mind that gluten free flour will usually have different texture in result. To read about flour, click here. To add in the flour, i also used corn flour for the cookie dough.
Chocolate. We’ll going to use 3 types of chocolates, which are choco chips for the cookie layer; dark chocolate bar and dark chocolate powder for the brownie layer. If you’re making this for the kids and they don’t like the bitterness of dark chocolate, feel free to combine it with milk chocolate.
Butter. You can use vegan butter or coconut oil.
Sweeteners. You can use coconut sugar or stevia or monk fruit. I use coconut sugar here.
Eggs. You’ll only need 3 medium eggs, room temperature.
Seasoning & Other. And some salt, baking soda, vanilla extract.
Topping. Now this is a fun part, you could use anything really, from oreo to almond or coconut flakes, etc.
The combination of these 2 layers are amazing. You’ll have a little bit of crunch of the cookie layer with a moist and soft brownie. And adding a texture topping like almond or oreo (especially for the kids – they are crazy to see the oreo) will also add in some texture and flavors.
Before we start everythting, prepare your brownie tin, brush / spray with little bit of oil / butter – then line it with bread sheet. I’d like to line it with extra in both sides of the tin, so it will so much easier for me to pick any cake/bread up from the tin. It’s like you’re making a hammock.
First of, let’s start with the cookie layer.
- Prepare the dry ingredients by putting them into one bowl. Strain the flour, add in the corn flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Mixer up the butter / oil with brown sugar until it’s a little bit fluff.
- Then add the egg and vanilla extract, mix thoroughly.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl slowly while mixing.
- Then you’ll have a cookie dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir with your spatula thoroughly.
- Take your tin, and pressed the cookie dough into the bottom of the tin. This will be our cookie layer in the bottom of the brownie.
- Once it’s all good, keep it in the freezer while we make the brownie layer.
Okay, it’s half way there! So, while the cookie layer is in the freezer (we don’t want the cookie to be melted in room temperature while we’re making the brownie layer).
So now, let’s dig in to the brownie layer.
- Melt the chocolate bar with coconut oil, i sinply melt it in the stove with small heat. set aside and let it cool while we measure everything and prepare other things.
- Prepare the dry ingredients by putting them into one bowl. Strain the flour, add in the dark chocolate powder. Set aside.
- Whisk / mixer up egg, coconut sugar until it’s whipped.
- Put it in the melted chocolate to the whipped egg and sugar. Now take a spatula and fold it (you don’t want to whisk it hard or beat it too much). So just fold it slowly until it’s homogen.
- Then add the dry ingredients, fold again slowly once you’ve put the dry ingredients.
- Lastly, take your cookie layer out and pour in the brownie on top
- Add some topping as your choice.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes in 180 C.
You can check whether it’s done or not by pricking it with a toothpick. Once it’s done, let it cool a while – take out from the tin – and let it cool completely in open before slicing it.
There you go, a very delicate and tasty 2 layers brownie. Perfect for any time in the day.
Cookie layer ingredients :
- 225 gr Einkorn flour
- 125 gr Coconut sugar
- 1 Egg
- 150 gr Vegan Butter / coconut oil
- 150 gr Chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tbs Corn flour / maizena
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Brownie layer ingredients :
- 50 gr Einkorn flour
- 2 Eggs
- 25 gr Dark chocolate powder
- 100 gr Coconut oil
- 140 gr Coconut sugar
- 100 gr Dark chocolate bar