This roast chicken has that acidity and freshness from the lime and also that unique smell and taste of cilantro! I don’t know about you – but i do love it!!! I even ate the chicken with raw cilantro as the side dish (eventually you see – it’s just not enough for me lol)
Chicken. You can use wither chicken thigh or breast. I used both as i bought a whole chicken.
Marinating sauce. This marinating sauce will be so simple, it only consists of 2 cloves minced garlic, minced cilantro, 2-3 lime zest, 4 lime juice, 4 tbs olive oil, grilling seasoning powder. If you happen to not have one, simply use salt and pepper. You can also add chili flakes for the spices. But because we, Indonesian, loves a really spicy chili, i made a traditional hand grind chili for this recipes.
- Mix together the marinate sauce
- Marinate the chicken and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The longer you let it rest, the better it will taste. I’d like to marinate it at night and leave it till’ morning
- Take the chicken out of the fridge then pan fry it until it turns brown on both sides
- Then move it to the oven plate
- Bake it in 200 C for about 20-25 minutes
- Don’t overcooked the chicken as it will get dry and lose it’s juicy