For my Egg Benedict recipes, i made this easy and also tasty Hollandaise Sauce that is perfect for egg benedict at all times! And the good news is, you could actually make this as a replacement for my homemade mayonaise recipes if you are avoiding raw eggs from the mayo.
There are only couple of ingredients and 2 steps needed here. So it’s so simple and quick to make.
Butter. I use vegan butter, but feel free to use any kind of butter.
Egg yolk. Different from mayonaise where we used 1 whole egg, this time we’re going to use 3 egg yolks without using the whites.
Seasoning. Salt & pepper, feel free to add like garlic powder.
Lemon squeeze. For the freshness we’re going to squeeze 1 lemon or about 1 tbs of lemon juice.
Mustard. We also be needing 1 tsp of mustard for the tangy taste.
- Put the egg yolks, salt&pepper, mustard and lemon juice in the food processor / you can also use hand mixer or common blender, blend it for 5 seconds just to mix then altogether. I use a hand mixer.
- Melt the butter in a pan
- And while it’s still hot, i mean literally hot, just got out of pan,
- Pour it to the food processor / blender / hand mixer while blending them altogether. Pour it little by little while blending until everything comes together, you’ll see a light creamy texture.
- And it’s done, your sauce is ready to be used
- Store it in the fridge for keeping.