Shakshuka is one of Israelites’s food that comes from Middle East sides. It’s super rady with all of the easy to get ingredients with a tasty taste. Perfect to be enjoyed with a bowl of rice, or bread.
My husband said, it’s more of like pizza taste. Well i assume it is, because yeah, most of the ingredients are similar. So without further a do, let’s jump right in!
- Red Paprika, dice up
- Tomatoes chunks
- Onion, dice up
- Chili flakes / chili
- Salt and black pepper
- Nutmeg powder / oregano / cayenne / cumin (all optional if you’d like to add more flavors to it)
- Saute onion and red pepper with coconut oil / olive oil until it’s translucent
- Add in garlic, saute for a minute
- Add in tomatoes woth a little bit of water and cover the pan until all the tomatoes soften
- Crush the tomatoes with spatula
- Add in the seasonings, taste and taste
- Make couple of dents (depends on how many your eggs are) among the dish
- Poach the eggs one by one in each dent
- Cover the pan for 3 minutes for soft boiled eggs or 5 minutes for a hardrn boiled eggs