This one is an easy and simple recipe of a cookie! It’s a no mixer and even you can make it as a no bake cookies too!
Oat. I use two types of oats here, old fashioned rolled oat and quick cook rolled oat. You can use either one only or both. All will result in the texture. It’s better to not use steel cut oats as it will be too harden to eat or instant oat as it will get mushy (especially if you are choosing the no bake method). And feel free to get creative adding nuts / rice flakes / etc.
Milk. You can use any kind of milk from dairy to non dairy milk.
Butter. I use vegan butter, but you could alsonuse coconut oil
Chocolate powder. I use dark chocolate powder, feel free to use cacao or cocoa powder.
Nut butter. For a delicate taste, add in nut butter of your choice either it’s an almond butter or cashew, etc.
Sweeteners. I am using coconut sugar as it’s unrefined sugar and also has that caramel taste which is perfect for cookies.
I made two version of these, bake and no bake. A bake ones for sure is so much better because it has the crunch and has more set texture. While no bake ones will be heavier and chewy, remember that we are using raw oats.
- Melt in a bowl above the stove : milk, chocolate powder, butter and coconut sugar
- Let it boil for 3-4 minutes, we want it boiling a bit but keep an eye so it won’t burn
- Take the chocolate and add in vanilla extract and nut butter
- Add in all the oats and stir them thoroughly
- If you are choosing a no bake method, let it cool on the fridge
- If you are deciding to bake them like i did, bake them in 180 C for 14-15 minutes. Let it cool in the counter so for it to get set. it will mushy when you take it out from the oven, but let it cool will simply make it set and crunch
- 2 cups rolled oat
- 1 cup quick cooking oat
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter / coconut oil
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / powder
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- Raisins for topping (optional)