Ah another chicken recipes! I mean, who doesn’t like anything cooked with chicken right lol. Writing this recipe makes me wander to the freshness of lemon in every slice of the chicken. Who knows lemon and chicken could really turns out perfect!
Chicken. You can use any cut of chicken starting from thigh to breast or the whole chicken cut.
Lemon. We are using quite generous of Lemon today. So prepare about 3-4 lemons.
Seasoning. Aside from the lemon, we need some seasoning to marinate the chicken. You are going to need some salt, black pepper, oregano (optional), garlic powder, onion powder
- Zest 1 lemon and squeezed 2 lemons
- Mix together for the marinate sauce : lemon zest, 2 squezeed lemon (juices), minced garlic and all the seasonings
- Pour it to the chicken and let it sit for minimum 30 minutes in the fridge (the longer the better). Or you can do this at night and take it out to cook the next day
- Pan fry all the marinated chicken in a pan with a bit of olive oil until it’s golden brown on both sides. But don’t rush to throw away the left marinate sauce – we will be using it to make the aromatic rice!
- Take it to the oven friendly pan / skillet and bake it in 180 C for about 40 minutes
Now for the aromatic rice. Remember the leftover of the marinate sauce? Yes, we are using it!
- Wash and chop spinach for the green veggies
- With the left oil from pan frying the chicken, saute some garlic. (It the oils are too much – throw the oils a bit)
- Add the spinach and cook a bit
- Add in cooked rice and pour the left marinate sauce, mix well
- Take a taste and see if you need more seasoning
- Fry a bit and it’s done. Here i add cilantro since i love cilantro