My first born is a strawberry’s fan! He will pick everything that has a strawberry flavor, and that is why i always restock my homemade strawberry jam at home.
Making a homemade strawberry jam is so much better than a store bought, really. if you haven’t make it youself, i really encourage you to do so. It’s free from chemical junk, artificial sweeteners and not to mention, it could last so long in the fridge! It will last for about 2-3 months and so you only need to make a bunch and stock it until months before making it again.
Strawberry. Strawberry is one of dirty dozen fruits, it means that it has been sprayed with lots lots and lots of pests until the pest somehow is in the meat itself. So it is suggested for us to buy an organic strawberry always.
Sweeteners. Making a healthier strawberry jam could either use natural sweeteners or not using it at all. But since i make this for my kid, i use honey as the replacement of sugar which turns out very good. If you decide to not use any sweeteners, it’s even better, but note that the texture will be more like puree than jam. As the sweeteners will create a glaze like texture.
- 100 gr strawberries
- 200 ml water
- 3 tbs honey (you can add less or more as preference)
- Wash and cut in half all the strawberries
- Put everything in a pan and cook it with medium heat until the water decreased
- Be noted to stir it regularly so it won’t burn
- Once the water is decreased, turn off the heat and let it cool. As it cooled, the jam will thicken a bit more